I’m so honored and humbled that fellow writer and blogger, Demetria Foster Gray from Shaken But Not Stirred, has awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster means dearest or beloved in German and the award is usually given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I really appreciate Demetria shouting me out as one of her favorite bloggers and please don’t forget to check her out over at her wonderful site.
Here are the rules for being nominated:
- Answer the questions that the tagger asks
- Make up eleven question of your own to pass on
- Choose eleven bloggers that you enjoy who have less than 200 followers
- Inform them that they have been nominated
My Answers to Demetria’s Questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
A friend suggested I start to help get myself and my writing out into the “real” world and she thought blogging would be a great way to do that.
2. If you could be granted three wishes, what would they be?
I would wish for my kids to grow up healthy, happy and prosperous. Next, I would wish for the ability to live debt free. Lastly, I would love to be a NYT bestselling author. Ok, I’m really dreaming on that one! LOL!
3. When you don’t want to be bothered, where do you go to hide?
Hmmm…I sometimes slink away to the bookstore and get “lost” for an hour or so. It’s very relaxing.
4. Sunny day or cloudy day? Which one and why?
Definitely sunny day. The day feels more uplifting when the sun is shining.
5. Exercise or TV? Which one and why?
I’m definitely a TV buff but I do drag myself to the gym. Notice I said “drag”.
6. Pepsi or Coke? Which one and why?
Coke. For some reason Pepsi has a weird aftertaste to me.
7. Sex or sleep? Which one and why?
Wow, this is a hard one. LOL! I’ll just say, both are a necessity for me!
8. If you could ask God only one question, what would it be?
Why do people die before their time?
9. What is the best age of your life and why?
College. That’s when I found out what freedom was! LOL! Also, I formed my own ideas and opinions outside of my family’s.
10. If you had to eat only one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Popcorn. It’s a great stress reliever and is a good source of fiber.
11. If you could change one physical trait about yourself, what would it be?
I only get one?! Well, I guess I would make myself a little taller…just two or three inches.
Here are the questions for my blogger picks:
- When not writing or blogging, how do you spend your down time?
- What would be your dream job, if given the opportunity?
- Where does your writing or photography passion come from?
- What is the worst job you ever had?
- Would you choose love over money?
- Paper or plastic?
- Do you have a phobia? If so, what is it?
- Do you have a vice? If so, what is it?
- What is your favorite piece of modern technology and why?
- What was your first car?
- What celebrity irritates you the most?
And the award goes to…
Ok, so I didn’t pick eleven bloggers but it’s hard when I follow so many wonderful ones and most of them aren’t up-and-coming. As usual, I decided to veer from the rules and just pick a few that I enjoy, with no pause to how many followers they have. I hope you guys check them out.
- David W. Jones at One Mere Mortal. His poetry is phe-no-me-nal! I started following David a few years ago on Twitter. He hooked me with his poem “This Man…This Woman”. His work is very thought provoking and he posts daily so definitely check out his site.
- Brice Maiurro at Flashlight City Blues. He throws down with his prose and poetry. I just recently discovered his site but have been hooked from the start. His imagery makes you feel like you’re right there where he’s writing about. His site is a must so jump on over there!
- Sonya at Magnet For Foolishness. I stumbled upon her blog not too long ago too and her posts are
really humorousfunny as hell! And she’s from The DMV (the nickname for the Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia Metro area) which is where I hail from so that has to be a good thing. Be sure to check her foolishness out.
- Eyoälha Baker at Jump For Joy! Photo Project. She gets to travel to these awesome places and take photos of people displaying their joyous human spirit via jumping. Yes, I said jumping. They jump off cliffs, jump up in the air, jump in the water; hence the name of her site. She recently came back from a trip to Hawaii and her pics were gorgeous. Needless to say, I’m envious! Sit back, grab your cup of coffee and join her journey.
Thanks again to Demetria for bestowing this award upon me!